Campus Should Explore Conservative Viewpoints

He spoke about activism, gauged club members, and talked about his trip to Iraq. His speech — entitled “What I Did Find in Iraq”— noted the war in Iraq is not a lost cause and that Iraqis are grateful to the United States for continual support and aid. There was even a debate sparked during the question and answer section — signifying the varying opinions held among members in regards to the Iraq War within the conservative movement.

Additionally, Christian Hartsock was one of four conservative activists to appear on CNN this past weekend in a segment called, “Right on the Edge” alongside Lila Rose, Jason Mattera and Ryan Sorba. CNN investigative reporter Abbie Boudreau covered these young activists and their involvement in the Conservative Movement in their respective spheres. The nature and slant of the documentary is debatable to most conservatives, though. Nevertheless, Christian was featured in the documentary in regards to his film making. He is best known for his involvement as a b-roll director for the ACORN investigation in San Bernadino, California, and as the director of a music video entitled “Victicrat” featuring ACORN investigative journalist, James O’Keefe.

Bringing the conservative perspective to campus is pivotal when trying to engage in campus dialogue. Universities tend to lean left, making conservative viewpoints heavily underrepresented. We host a slew of speakers, activities, projects and initiatives geared towards the notions of limited government, defending the Constitution, free market principles and traditional values. If you identify with any of the principles mentioned, then I encourage you to join Young Americans for Freedom this year.

—Gabriella Hoffman
    Chair, Young Americans for